Whom to Contact (Where & What to Buy) - Q & A
Back    Next

Q: Where can I get a list of home builders?
A: For a list of home builders, contact the National Association of Home Builders at 1201 15th St., N.W., Washington, DC 20005; (800) 368-5242, www.nahb.org; or your local Building Industry Association office.

Q: Where do I get information on filing consumer complaints?
A: For information about filing consumer complaints, look to these sources:

  • Consumer Federation of America, 1424 16th St. N.W., Suite 604, Washington, DC 20036; (202) 387-6121; consumerfed.org.
  • American Homeowners Association; PO Box 16817, Stamforc, CT 06905; (800) 470-2242; ahahome.com.
  • Consumers Union, 1535 Mission St., San Francisco, CA 94103 or call (415) 431-6747; consumersunion.org.
  • Consumer Action, 116 New Montgomery St., Suite 233, San Francisco, CA 94105; (415) 777-9635; consumer-action.org.

Q: Where do I get information on co-ops?
A: For information on co-operative housing, contact the National Association of Housing Cooperatives, 1707 H Street, N.W., Suite 201, Washington, D.C., 20006; (202) 737-0797; coophousing.org.

Q: Where do I get information on housing market stats?
A: A HomeJoy Real Estate agent is a good source for finding out the status of the local housing market. So is your statewide association of Realtors, most of which are continuously compiling such statistics from local real estate boards.

For overall housing statistics, U.S. Housing Markets (meyersgroup.com) regularly publishes quarterly reports on home building and home buying. Your local builders association probably gets this report. Finally, check with the U.S. Bureau of the Census in Washington, D.C.; (301) 763-3199; census.gov. The Chicago Title company also has published a pamphlet, "Who's Buying Homes in America." Write Chicago Title 601 Riverside Ave., Jacksonville, FL 32204; (888) 934-3354; ctic.com.

Q: Where do I get information on manufactured housing?
A: For information on manufactured housing, request information from:

  • "Questions and Answers on Manufactured Home Loans for Veterans," U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs, Washington, DC 20420.
  • Manufactured Housing Institute, 2101 Wilson Blvd., #610 Arlington, VA 22201; call (703) 558-0400; manufacturedhousing.org.

Copyright 1999 Inman News Features

freered.gif (2050 bytes)

Use this form to order a list of homes that meet your criteria. Please give as much detail as possible.


Orlando Real Estate Agent John HambrickOrlando Realtor Angela Chapman
Orlando Real Estate Professionals


Seminole County|Orange County|Lake County|Osceola County|Volusia County|Polk County|Brevard County

Capital Realty Group Florida
138 E Colonial Dr.
Orlando, FL 32801
contact by E-Mail


Communities|For Buyers|For Sellers|Schools|Retirement|About Us|Home Advice|Sell Tips|Golf Club Communities|Brevard County| Site Map
Copyright © 2010 John & Vicki Hambrick