Whom to Contact (Qualifying) - Q & A 
Back    Next

Q: Where do I get information about housing discrimination?
A: For information about housing discrimination, call the U.S. Department of Justice at (202) 514-2000, 950 Pennsylvania Ave., NW DC 20530, usdoj.gov; or your local U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development office.

For detailed information, the booklet, "Your Loan is Denied, Defending Yourself Against Mortgage Lending Discrimination," is available from the Center for Investigative Reporting,131 Steurt Street, Suite 600, San Francisco, CA 94105; call (415) 543-1200; or visit www.muckraker.org.

Q: Where do I get information on consumer credit laws?
A: For information on consumer credit laws, contact the National Foundation for Consumer Credit, 801 Roeder Road, Suite 900, Silver Springs, MD 20910; call (800) 388-2227; nfcc.org.

Q: Where do I get a copy of my credit report?
A: For a copy of your own credit report, call one of the three main national credit reporting agencies: Experian at (888) 397-3742, experian.com; Equifax at (800) 685-1111, equifax.com; and Trans Union at (312) 408-1077, transunion.com. The bureaus also should provide instructions on how to read their report and dispute any inaccuracies it contains.

Q: Where do I get information on who regulates lenders?
A: The following regulatory bodies oversee lenders:

  • Comptroller of the Currency, Compliance Division, Washington, D.C., (202) 874-4800; occ.treas.gov.
  • Office of Thrift Supervision, Consumer Affairs, Washington, D.C., (800) 842-6929; ots.treas.gov.
  • Federal Deposit Insurance Corp., Consumer Affairs, Washington, D.C., (800) 925-4618; fdic.gov.

Your state departments of real estate or commerce also may regulate the lenders in your area.

Q: Where do I get information on finding the best loan?
A: For information on how to find the best home loan, check out this booklet:

  • "How to Shop for a Mortgage," by the Mortgage Bankers Association of America, 1919 Pennsylvania Ave. N.W., Washington, DC 20006-3404; call (202) 557-2700; mbaa.org.

Q: Where do I get information on mortgages?
A: For information on mortgages, check out the following sources for information:

  • American Bankers Association; 1120 Connecticut Ave. N.W., Washington, DC 20036; (800) BANKERS; aba.com.
  • Mortgage Bankers Association of America, 1919 Pennsylvania Ave. N.W., Washington, DC 20006-3404; call (202) 557-2700; mbaa.org

Q: Where can I get a list of mortgage brokers?
A: For information on mortgage brokers, contact the National Association of Mortgage Brokers 8201 Greensboro Dr., Ste. 300, McLean, VA 22102; (703) 610-9009; namb.org.

Copyright 1999 Inman News Features

freered.gif (2050 bytes)

Use this form to order a list of homes that meet your criteria. Please give as much detail as possible.


Orlando Real Estate Agent John HambrickOrlando Realtor Angela Chapman
Orlando Real Estate Professionals


Seminole County|Orange County|Lake County|Osceola County|Volusia County|Polk County|Brevard County

Capital Realty Group Florida
138 E Colonial Dr.
Orlando, FL 32801
contact by E-Mail


Communities|For Buyers|For Sellers|Schools|Retirement|About Us|Home Advice|Sell Tips|Golf Club Communities|Brevard County| Site Map
Copyright © 2010 John & Vicki Hambrick