Whom to Contact (Maintaining & Improving) - Q & A
Back    Next

Q:Where can I get a list of architects?
A: If you need an architect, contact a local chapter of the American Institute of Architects or the national organization itself at 1735 New York Avenue, N.W., Washington, DC 20006-5292; (800) AIA-3837; aia.org. Also contact friends or colleagues who have recently worked with an architect for referrals. Take the time to interview several before choosing an architect.

Q:Where do I get information on remodeling?
A: Try these sources:

  • National Association of the Remodeling Industry, 780 Lee St., Ste 200, Dex Plaines, IL 60016; (800) 611-6274; nari.org.
  • "Rehab a Home With HUD?s 203(K)," published by the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development, 451 7th St., Washington, DC 20410; call (202) 708-1112; hud.gov.
  • "Cost vs. Value Report," by Remodeling magazine, 1 Thomas Circle, N.W., Suite 600, Washington, DC 20005; remodeling.hw.net. $8.95 per copy; call (202) 736-3447 for credit card orders.
  • "The Do-able Renewable Home," a booklet published by the American Association of Retired Persons, available online at homemods.org.

Copyright 1999 Inman News Features

freered.gif (2050 bytes)

Use this form to order a list of homes that meet your criteria. Please give as much detail as possible.


Orlando Real Estate Agent John HambrickOrlando Realtor Angela Chapman
Orlando Real Estate Professionals


Seminole County|Orange County|Lake County|Osceola County|Volusia County|Polk County|Brevard County

Capital Realty Group Florida
138 E Colonial Dr.
Orlando, FL 32801
contact by E-Mail


Communities|For Buyers|For Sellers|Schools|Retirement|About Us|Home Advice|Sell Tips|Golf Club Communities|Brevard County| Site Map
Copyright © 2010 John & Vicki Hambrick