Whom to Contact (Government Loan Programs) - Q & A
Back    Next

Q: Where do I get information on who regulates lenders?
A: The following regulatory bodies oversee lenders:

  • Comptroller of the Currency, Compliance Division, Washington, D.C., (202) 874-4800; occ.treas.gov.
  • Office of Thrift Supervision, Consumer Affairs, Washington, D.C., (800) 842-6929; ots.treas.gov.
  • Federal Deposit Insurance Corp., Consumer Affairs, Washington, D.C., (800) 925-4618; fdic.gov.

Your state departments of real estate or commerce also may regulate the lenders in your area.

Q: Where do I get information on finding the best loan?
A: For information on how to find the best home loan, check out this booklet:

  • "How to Shop for a Mortgage," by the Mortgage Bankers Association of America, 1919 Pennsylvania Ave. N.W., Washington, DC 20006-3404; call (202) 557-2700; mbaa.org.

Q: Where do I get information on correcting loan payments?
A: The following auditing services can do a thorough review of residential mortgages for lender calculation errors:

  • 1100 Summer Street, Samford, 06905; (203) 973-0288; mortgagemonitor.com.
  • Loantech, Box 3635, Gaithersburg, MD 20885; (301) 762-7700; loantech.com.

But keep in mind that these services come with a fee, and your lender should be able to work with you to make your own accurate calculation.

Q: Where can I get a list of mortgage brokers?
A: For information on mortgage brokers, contact the National Association of Mortgage Brokers, 8201 Greensboro Dr., Ste. 300, McLean, VA 22102; (703) 610-9009; namb.org.

Q: Where do I get information on the secondary market?
A: Two major secondary-market sources are Fannie Mae at (800) 732-6643; fanniemae.com, and Freddie Mac, (800)FREDDIE; freddiemac.com.

Q: Where do I get information on VA loans?
A: For information on VA loans, call the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs directly at (800) 827-1000; homeloans.va.gov. Also refer to:

Copyright 1999 Inman News Features

freered.gif (2050 bytes)

Use this form to order a list of homes that meet your criteria. Please give as much detail as possible.


Orlando Real Estate Agent John HambrickOrlando Realtor Angela Chapman
Orlando Real Estate Professionals


Seminole County|Orange County|Lake County|Osceola County|Volusia County|Polk County|Brevard County

Capital Realty Group Florida
138 E Colonial Dr.
Orlando, FL 32801
contact by E-Mail


Communities|For Buyers|For Sellers|Schools|Retirement|About Us|Home Advice|Sell Tips|Golf Club Communities|Brevard County| Site Map
Copyright © 2010 John & Vicki Hambrick